Monday, November 30, 2009

From Wordpress to Blogspot

Blogspot is the world famous blogging platform that administer by Google, one of the biggest IT company in the world. Every person who loves to surf internet or looking the information on the net cannot avoided from logging in into Blogspot website. Most people outside use blog to share information or express their voice, suggestion or complain. If you think Malaysians blogger is normal writers or journalist, think again. Blog or website is only information medium that can’t be controlled by government even they tried to do it years ago. Very funny there is some politicians urges to register blogger so they can diminish those bloggers who are not same opinion with them.

Blogger like to use Blogspot because it is free, totally free. Wordpress is another option that comes to fight with Blogspot. I’d used wordpress several months before jump to Blogspot. My previous address is myjavaland.wordpress.com. Here are some reasons why I don’t like to use Wordpress;

1. Its slow. You will realize it if you have experience using both wordpress and blogspot.
When you submit the button, it will wait you for minutes before the effect take changes. You will surely feed up during the peak hours. Fyi, internet connection in Malaysia can be considered slow compared to our neighbor, Singapore. No need to compare with US, UK or Japan. Maybe next Wimax connection speed can reduce this problem. Wordpress should provide both basic and advance configuration. So the bandwidth can be reduced with the default basic configuration.

2. Upload image problem. I don’t know what the problem with the image upload functionality is. Sometimes ok sometimes not. What I mean is when I upload the image, sometime button ‘ok’ is missing so I can’t complete my upload. I use Mozilla firefox and I don’t know if the browser is not compatible with some wordpress features. Furthermore, upload images also confusing and time consuming. Its really give headache to the beginner mostly. What I can say is its not user friendly. You need to know that images uploading are the most important aspect in Blog. Google realize this so they allow blogger to upload images on their Blogspot in fly.

3. Too many items. Too many configuration or setting is also not good. Normally blogger only updates their text or images. Only few of them really appreciate to use or try all the features available on wordpress. Many items mean high bandwidth which will cause slow connection problem. I totally give up when I can’t find how to change header text. It so naive if IT people like me can’t find it. It not my fault my friend, it is wordpress, but who care. You never pay for what you use. If you don’t like it, ‘get out’ and find another blogging platform.

If you looking for best platform for your blogging activities, I strongly suggest you to use Blogspot. You can learn on how to use it by reading free tutorial online or buy an ebook in English or Bahasa on your favor. If you are hobbyist who likes to get experience on different platform, you can try Wordpress or any other blog platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment